New to This Edition
*Many new authors; extensively revised with the latest research and empirically supported treatments.
*Heightened focus on brain development and the neural correlates of disorders.
*Section on risk and resilience, including chapters on sensitive periods of development and the early environment.
*Chapters on parent-child interaction therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapies, attachment-based therapies, and translational approaches to early intervention.
|Publisher:||Guilford Publications, Inc.|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||3 MB|
About the Author
Table of Contents
I. Developmental Psychopathology of Early-Onset Disorders: Risk and Resilience
1. Sensitive Periods of Development: Implications for Risk and Resilience, Sonya Troller-Renfree & Nathan A. Fox
2. Effects of Early Environment and Caregiving: Risk and Protective Factors in Developmental Psychopathology, Neha Navsaria, Kirsten Gilbert, Shannon Lenze, & Diana Whalen
3. Brain Development during the Preschool Period, Jessica N. Bullins, Shaili C. Jha, Rebecca C. Knickmeyer, & John H. Gilmore
II. Behavioral and Emotional Disorders in Preschool Children
4. Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Conduct Disorder, Walter Matthys, Tessa Bunte, & Kim Schoemaker
5. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Mini Tandon
6. Anxiety Disorders, Chad M. Sylvester & Daniel S. Pine
7. Depressive Disorders: Phenomenology and Alterations in Emotion Processing, Joan L. Luby & Andy C. Belden
8. Autism Spectrum Disorders, Natasha Marrus & John N. Constantino
9. Attachment Disorders, Brandon Duft, Brian Stafford & Charles H. Zeanah
10. Sleep Disorders, Melissa M. Burnham, Erika E. Gaylor, & Thomas F. Anders
III. Empirically Supported Interventions for Disorders in Preschool Children
11. Parent–Child Interaction Therapy and Its Adaptations, R. Meredith Elkins, Nicholas D. Mian, Jonathan S. Comer, & Donna B. Pincus
12. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies, Devi Miron & Michael S. Scheeringa
13. Attachment-Based Parent–Child Relational Therapies, Cecilia Martinez-Torteya, Katherine Rosenblum, & Sheila Marcus
14. Updates on Early Interventions for Autism Spectrum Disorder: Timing, Targets, and Mechanisms, Connie Kasari, Amanda C. Gulsrud, & Shafali Jeste
15. Updates on Preschool Psychopharmacological Treatment, Mary Margaret Gleason & Lauren Teverbaugh
16. Integrating Translational Developmental Neuroscience into Early Development for Preschool Psychopathology: A Proposed Model and Example, Michael S. Gaffrey
Practitioners working with infants and young children and their caregivers, including clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, counselors, and early intervention specialists; developmental psychologists; also of interest to pediatricians. May serve as a supplemental text in graduate-level courses